This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Not configured properly

Feb 18, 2015 at 8:07 PM
I am new to sharepoint, but followed all the instruction to setup both FBA pack and configuration sharepoint 2013 for FBA. When I try to add the webpart I get A Membership Provider has not been configured correctly. Check the web.config setttings for this web application. In configuring sharepoint for FBA. I changed machine.config and web.config for the security service.
Feb 19, 2015 at 6:43 PM
If you're getting that message, it means that the FBA Pack can't talk to your membership database. So something is not setup correctly.

One common cause is permissions: you have to make sure that the sharepoint app pool user has permissions to the database.

Otherwise it could be a typo in the .config files or possibly a typo in the membership provider name for the web app (Central Admin -> Manage Web Applications -> Authentication Providers).
Feb 19, 2015 at 7:05 PM

Thanks for the info, I found a typeo in the config file all is working great now.

May 21, 2015 at 5:38 AM
Thanks ccoulson. I had a same issue and when i assigned the permission to the application pool account it worked fine.