Custom Login Page

Jan 23, 2015 at 6:46 AM
I am new to SharePoint FBA Pack and it is awesome. Thanks for developing it.

My problem is I want to modify the default login page created by the tool.

I checked the WEBPARTS in the layout folder but I only found UI for
Change Password
Membership Request
Password Recovery

But no layout for the sign in form

Please Help.
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2015 at 8:59 PM
There actually is no login form that comes with the FBA Pack - since SharePoint already comes with it's own FBA login form. When I customize a login form for a customer, I just start with the SharePoint one.
Sep 16, 2015 at 11:49 AM
Edited Sep 16, 2015 at 11:59 AM
I see custom login page with CAPTCHA, may be you can add this feature in own project? Or can you help me find how do it in SharePoint Foundation 2013 ? I see this, but not can test it. Can I do it without install VS 2012-2013 and compile my solution? May be can create .aspx page file only with CAPTCHA or not? Thanks.
Coordinator
Sep 16, 2015 at 3:25 PM
I'm not planning on adding a login page, as SharePoint already comes with one.

Adding a captcha to the login page sounds like a strange requirement. There is one on the registration page, to prevent users from being registered. But for the login, you need your password to get in - so I can't see a need for a captcha. There are settings on the membership provider that will lock out the user if they have X failed login attempts in X minutes.

As for doing it yourself - i'd just start with the existing sharepoint login page and modify it. I do think you'll need server side code though, so you will need Visual Studio.